BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND YouTube Layouts »

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

alternate sugar

Today I went searching for info on baking goodies with alternative sugars. Not the chemically made sugar substitutes but natural sources for sugar. I found that fruit puree s can be substituted for sugar while baking. A few Tweeks to the recipe is needed, most notably the amount of flour, but only by a small increment. You can substitute equal amounts of puree for the sugar called for in the recipe. I started slow and replaced most of the sugar in the recipe I tested it on using 1 c fruit puree and 1/4 c white sugar, instead of the 1 1/2 c sugar the recipe called for. I did add in white chocolate chips, so I figured they added up to the other 1/4 cup sugar. I also had to add less than 1/4 cup additional flour to get the right consistency.

Over all it was a success and the cookies taste amazing. The most notable difference is because the cookies are not overly sweet themselves the white chocolate chips really stand out and satisfy that sweeth tooth. Will be trying more substitutes in the future stay tuned for the results...

0 comments: